Welcome to Mineral County, WV, founded in 1866 and located in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.It is part of the Cumberland, MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area. Mineral County provides opportunities to both businesses and individuals alike. Through this website, you can find more information about Mineral County and ways to benefit from our county.
Mineral County is governed by a three-member commission, one member to be elected every two years to a six-year term of office. The County Commission, as the governing body, is responsible for the fiscal affairs and general administration of county government. The County Commission does not possess home rule per Article 6, Section 39a of the Constitution of West Virginia.
- Jerry Whisner, Republican Commission President: term ending 2016
- Roger Leatherman, Republican: term ending 2020
- Richard Lechliter, Republican: term ending 2018
- The Mineral County Planning Commission is charged with administering Mineral County’s land use ordinaces. It operates under section §8A-2-1 of the West Virginia state code. Its subdivisions include Industrial Park Construction, Storm Water Management, and Flood Plain Management. Members are appointed to the planning commission, by the county commission, for 3 year terms.
- The Mineral County Development Authority administers industrial parks and seeks to bring new business to the county. Current Executive Director, Kevin Clark.